For a period of ten months, 20 tandems per year receive industry tips and support for their career entry from mentors from their field. For the participants, this means intensive workshops, individual meetings and networking. Female students from all three faculties at Hochschule Wismar can apply.
Janita Fröhle is one of our mentees this year. She is in her 4th semester studying design with a focus on jewelry design and is mentored by an independent goldsmith. "The mentoring is a great opportunity for me to gain an insight into the everyday life of self-employment and also professionally I feel very well taken by the hand. I have already received a lot of helpful tips with regard to my studies and my work," reports Fröhle, who is grateful for her great mentor. In her everyday studies, she is currently working on the topic of "Artistic Strategies and Interpretations" with photography, in order to later design jewelry based on her findings. She is being supervised by Prof. Andrea Wippermann. At the end of the mentoring program, a certificate of completion is presented to the mentees by the Robert-Schmidt-Institute upon successful participation.
In 2021, the following female students from the Faculty of Architecture and Design will participate in the mentoring program:
- Architecture: Shahenda Elerakey
- Design with a focus on jewelry design: Eunae Lee, Janita Fröhle, Margot Reuter, Christina Stoffers
- Design with a focus on product design: Dorothea Groß, Lydia Hentschel
- Interior Design, now in the Master's program in International Management: Rebecca Miriam Zube
- From the Communication Design and Media program: Julia Wulf
Questions about the mentoring program? Then email firstname.lastname@example.org.